[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin inspections

Blair Williams blair at caseproof.com
Thu Feb 20 19:45:18 UTC 2014

I'm actually wondering why you'd spend the time taking this on? It seems fully redundant and will be a nightmare to maintain -- for you and the plugin authors.

For instance ... suppose I get a notice that you've blacklisted a plugin for one reason or another, the author resolves the issue but you're site still reports it as a problem?

If you truly wanted to serve the community, when you see an issue why wouldn't you simply report the issue to the people at wordpress.org and let them deal with it?

WordPress.org is the only entity in the world that can enforce compliance or yank a plugin from their repository ... and therefore the plugin author is going to have to resolve any issues with them if they want their plugin listed.

I think your site is just going to create alarm and not do any real good ... unless you have someone dedicated to syncing your reviews with what's going on at wordpress.org ... which let's face it ... is going to be a big pain in the butt. I've seen sites like your's before ... here's what's likely to happen with yours: it will eventually be filled with negative reviews for issues which may have already been corrected and could turn into a real problem for some dedicated plugin authors who's livelihood may depend on their plugins.

I think you should focus your efforts into doing more to work with wordpress.org rather than trying to create a site that will likely cause more confusion and damage than it will good.

B.