[wp-hackers] Fwd: [GSoC - 2014] Introducing Myself

Ian Dunn ian at iandunn.name
Wed Feb 19 23:40:37 UTC 2014

On 2/13/14, 11:41 PM, Deven Bansod wrote:
> 1. A *Settings Page* where you will design the Form through a user friendly
> interface like what we use while designing forms using Google Forms. (*Please
> suggest if this will be possible to make in the Required Duration* ).

That's the basic idea, yeah. It would actually be a custom post rather
than a Settings page, though.

> 2. The Settings page UI, thus, will be used to make new *Forms with an
> unique ID*.
>
> 3. The Plugin will have a function to generate *a short code* which will
> have *arguments like the Form ID* etc.
>
> 4. The user can just go to the *'page/post'* that he wants to add the
> survey and *use the Short Code with the right ID *as an argument and get
> the survey running. !

Yeah, that's all correct. There'll also be some features specific to
WordCamp.org, like supporting pre-defined base forms that organizers can
customize. For instance, a "Call for Speakers" form that potential
WordCamp speakers can fill out. It would have some standard fields like
Name, E-mail Address, WordPress.org username, etc, but then the
organizers could also add their custom questions to the form.

Another feature we're thinking about is having the results of certain
forms automatically populate some of our other custom post types. For
example, when someone fills out the Call for Speakers form, it could
automatically create a drafted Speaker post, so that the organizers
don't have to copy/paste the data between the two.