[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin inspections

Harry Metcalfe harry at dxw.com
Wed Feb 19 21:32:52 UTC 2014

Hi Chris,

I think you raise some good points.

I'm going to change the commissioning bit. I agree that it is prone to
misinterpretation.

I think there's no way to do this without some caveating, and I think it
is useful notwithstanding the caveats. But I agree that they're perhaps
not clear enough, and that "unsafe for use" might be a little too
categorical. I've had a couple of emails privately from developers this
evening which do make it pretty plain that the current approach is
confusing people.

We have published a clear and transparent set of criteria, and those are
what we apply. We have done our best to make this as clear as possible.

We are doing our best to do something useful, and I strongly believe
that this site goes some way to filling an important gap. On this we may
perhaps have to agree to disagree. But I do value the points you've made
and we will make some changes based upon then. I'd be keen to hear any
other feedback you might have later (short of "stop doing it"!)

Harry