[wp-hackers] Two instances of wordpress media library?

BenderisGreat greglancaster71 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 17:00:16 UTC 2014

I have a plugin I have been working on, and part of the plugin includes file
uploads (images).  I would like to make the users file uploads visible in
the backend, but without merging all the user content with my admin content.
Is it possible to load another instance of the media library, as a plugin
option page, and have it contain only files uploaded to it specifically?

I have already read through the codex, and it appears it is not possible,
but this forum is always full of great answers to hard questions.  If I am
right, and its not possible, are there any alternatives?  I am considering
creating a plugin page named user gallery and styling it similar to the
wordpress gallery- but since I would like to take advantage wordpress' image
uploading, meta data, thumbnails, and other features it makes sense to ask
first.