[wp-hackers] Using 'https_local_ssl_verify'

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Feb 11 18:29:44 UTC 2014

No. This is referring to verification of SSL from a client perspective, it
would not affect your server's ability to send responses to HTTPS clients.

On some server configurations, a "local" request made from a server back to
itself will have a different IP than if the request was coming from an
outside connection. This can be problematic if the request is SSL, because
the certificate won't match up properly.

Turning off the https_local_ssl_verify flag will basically allow it to
ignore this certificate verification failure for local requests only.

-Otto