[wp-hackers] special shortcode processing for a certain CPT

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 23:56:02 UTC 2014

I wish the content of my custom post type to be preserves AS IS all the way
until shortcodes API kick in.

When I run my shortcode in that post type, I'd like that shortcode's
$content variable to 1 to 1 access what I entered.

I can use the

remove_filter( 'the_content', 'wpautop' ); to take care of the obvious but
I could not figure out a way to take care of the &# stuff.

Are there other processes that turns special chars into their html char
code equivalents, such as

‘
’
” and so on?

How do I prevent this from happening so that when the shortcode API gets a
hold of the $content of my custom post type, that content is exactly what
was entered into the text editor?