[wp-hackers] About page for a plugin?

TV productions info at tv-productions.org
Fri Apr 25 12:50:11 UTC 2014

Hi list,

I am a plugin developer and I use an about page for my plugin to show
users the latest changes. It is an about page like the WordPress about
page (wp-admin/about.php).
I redirect users after installation, activation and update to this about
page.

Then a more technical part of it: imagine that you update some plugin
from which at least two plugins use an about page (and use the same
technique to redirect to that page), the user will see probably only the
about page of first plugin.

I am wondering if it is right to have an about page like this. I mean,
should only WordPress have an about page and plugins not? Are there any
alternatives? What about the redirect after (bulk) plugin update?

I would like to hear your opinion on this and/or the way you inform
users about the changes in a new release.

Best regards,

Ties

--
TV productions :: Web development and stuff
http://tv-productions.org