[wp-hackers] wordpress.org profile no longer lists my plugins

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Apr 22 18:08:16 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Nikola Nikolov <nikolov.tmw at gmail.com>wrote:

> Being on that topic, my username contains a dot("nikolov.tmw"), but the
> slug to my profile obviously doesn't -
> http://wordpress.org/support/profile/nikolovtmw .
> My plugin http://wordpress.org/plugins/qtranslate-separate-comments/ shows
> my picture and picks-up my "display name as" setting(Nikola Nikolov), but
> the plugin is not listed on my profile page.

Actually, your plugin is indeed listed on your profile. Click the Plugins
link on the left hand side:
https://profiles.wordpress.org/nikolovtmw

Usernames that include things like periods should definitely include those
in readme.txt files as well. The contributors list should contain usernames
as-they-are, not what the slug for them ends up being. I believe that
capitalization matters too, but I may have already fixed that somewhere.

In the future, we'll likely disallow odd characters in newly made
usernames, for simplification purposes.

-Otto