[wp-hackers] Pharma hack

Abdussamad Abdurrazzaq abdussamad at abdussamad.com
Sat Sep 28 15:39:50 UTC 2013

Most shared hosts use php fastcgi and they configure it so that the
entire directory is writeable. This can makes it easier for users to
update WP and allows WP core devs to boast that more WP installations
are up to date compared to other major CMS.

But yeah it isn't ideal from a security point of view.