[wp-hackers] Post edit slow checkbox behaviour

Filippo Pisano filippo.pisano at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 09:08:53 UTC 2013

Dear list members,

I have a post type with 4 hierarchical taxonomies attached to it. One of
these has 4.000 terms inside. When I try to check any of the checkboxes
inside the edit page it takes 2-3 seconds before it is marked as "checked".
It seems that there is an event listener attached to the click event of a
generic jQuery selector slowing down everything.

I cannot find the specific script adding the event listener (I'm not a JS
guru), does anybody have idea of where to look for or, even better, disable
the script?

Thank you

Filippo Pisano