[wp-hackers] something like a post_get_posts?

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Tue Sep 10 17:04:25 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Josh <joshua.sibelman at gmail.com> wrote:

>  There's no post_get_posts, but is there another action I can hook into
> that might be workable?

I think the 'wp' action should offer what you need. IIRC it runs after the
main query is complete but before the template is rendered.

> loop_start seems like a good candidate but there's not much documentation
> about that one.

In theory this would work but be very careful. 'loop_start' will fire on
every single loop, including secondary queries for widgets, related posts
etc.

In either case you should be sure to check is_main_query() against your
WP_Query object before modifying it, or at least be aware of the difference
between filtering the main query of a screen versus filtering all possible
WP_Query instances.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/is_main_query

--
Jeremy Clarke • jeremyclarke.org
Code and Design • globalvoicesonline.org