[wp-hackers] Custom Post Type URL Rewrite

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Tue Oct 29 14:04:06 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, October 22, 2013, AJ Morris wrote:

> It seems the only way I could get this to work is to create a page, and
> assign it a special template in which I have a custom query on it.
> Does that make sense? Is there a better way to go about it?

I've found that almost all instances where page templates seem needed can
be solved much more effectively with a custom shortcode:

 http://codex.wordpress.org/Shortcode_API

Shortcodes are theme independent (put it in a tiny plugin with your other
related code) and you don't have to worry about duplicating templates.

Jeremy Clarke | jeremyclarke.org

--
Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design • globalvoicesonline.org