[wp-hackers] php.net site got malware??

Nikola Nikolov nikolov.tmw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 12:56:34 UTC 2013

I got a message on the WordFence list stating that it got flagged as
malware(I was experiencing some un-availability of the site at some point
in the last couple of days). Here's their guess on the issue:

The report Google is issuing for php.net is available
here<http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=php.net> .
We haven't been able to verify if php.net has been hacked, but Google
states they crawled the site yesterday and found 4 trojans hosted on 4
domains. If you're a WordPress developer and need to visit php.net to
access PHP documentation, please take care until this is resolved. It is
quite likely a false positive or due to simple backlinks to malicious
domains appearing on php.net, but the worst case scenario is that the site
has been hacked and malware is hosted on the site itself.

So - I'd suggest to wait for now. It seems that they've already filed a
Request for Review according to this thread -
http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/webmasters/puLmvjtK0m8%5B1-25-false%5D