[wp-hackers] Using WP Transients for User Sessions

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Oct 16 14:06:54 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 8:58 AM, BenderisGreat
<greglancaster71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am checking the database and I dont see anything being deleted from
> wp_options, still has the same...
>
> _transient_timeout_feed_mod_ac0b00fe65abe10e0c5b58...
> 1380374961
>     delete_transient('users_online');

Just checking here, but it seems like you're looking at a different
transient (the "feed_mod_whatever" one). That transient is for storing
the feeds being retrieved from other places.

Each transient entry has its own row for the transient's data and
another for the timeout. Since yours is "users_online", you should
look for "_transient_timeout_users_online" instead.

-Otto