[wp-hackers] WP 3.7 auto-update

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 18:50:12 UTC 2013

Thanks for the details Andrew!

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Andrew Nacin <wp at andrewnacin.com> wrote:
> It actually uses is_dir() instead of file_exists(). But, we walk up the
>  * /srv/example.com/public_html/wordpress/.git (which will be a file)
>  * /srv/example.com/public_html/.git
>  * /srv/example.com/.git
>  * /srv/.git
>  * /.git
> If someone thinks we should use file_exists() instead, that's fine. I
> wanted to avoid false positives with a file named .svn, .git, .hg, or .bzr,
> but I had forgotten that submodules use a .git file, so it might be more
> trouble than its worse.

Based on your example above, it seems like is_dir() should work well
in a submodule setup.

My particular submodule setup looks essentially like:

/content/
/index.php
/wp (submodule)
/wp-config.php
/.git/

Which should meet the pattern you gave above.

Based on what I have seen, the above submodule setup is a standard way
of doing it. Seems like is_dir() would work perfectly. :)