[wp-hackers] attack on wp-admin/install.php

Roger Chen developer at rogerhub.com
Wed Oct 9 06:53:45 UTC 2013

>From the response code (302), it looks like your visitors were stuck in a
redirect loop, which is why there are so many requests to install.php
grouped together. WordPress redirects to wp-admin/install.php when it
thinks your database hasn't been setup. It will preserve the existing
request path when it performs this redirect, since it's completely possible
that somebody actually wanted to set up wordpress in a subdirectory like
'/2013/10/..../'. It looks like you just botched your database
configuration somehow.

Roger