[wp-hackers] Help with wp_mail(), PHPMailer, and CC vs BCC

Mike Walsh mpwalsh8 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 00:01:39 UTC 2013

I understand that wp_mail() is pluggable, in fact, I am concerned that may
be the source of these curious problems.  I've been working with a  user
for the last couple hours to chase this down and now it isn't happening any
more.  She tells me all her plugins and themes are as they were earlier but
something doesn't pass the sniff test.

Is there a way to determine if wp_mail() has indeed been overloaded?

I was able to use the phpmailer_init filter to dump the status of the
PHPMailer instance just before mail is sent so that was helpful.  It would
be nice if wp_mail() had a similar filter but unfortunately it does not.  I
don't want to distribute a modified version of wp_mail() with my plugin
either as I don't need anything but the standard behavior.

Mike