[wp-hackers] getting user_id in buddypress profile page

Abdussamad Abdurrazzaq abdussamad at abdussamad.com
Sun Oct 6 23:19:59 UTC 2013

In the below code the first argument has to be a string so you should
put the table name in quotes. Also use $wpdb->prefix to refer to the
table prefix instead of "wp_" because this is something that can be
changed when installing wordpress and varies in multi site installs.

$wpdb->insert(wp_jo_plugin_options, array (
						 		'user_id' => $userid,
						 		'length'  => $_POST['length'],
						 		'girth'  => $_POST['girth'],
						 		'date'    => $_POST['date'],
							)
		);

If you want to use the global variable $current_user why call
wp_get_current_user again?

Finally there is this:

  "Use the init or any subsequent action to call this function. Calling
it outside of an action can lead to troubles. See #14024 for details. "

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_get_current_user