[wp-hackers] Check to see if there a wordpress user account and create one if not outside of wordpress

Alex Rayan alexrayan69 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 23:55:40 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry I don't have time to go through your whole script, but to check
whether the user exists you can use:
if( !email_exists( $email )) {
}
and to pass email that you would like to check against.
Then if the email is not found in the database, you can create a new user
account as follows:

$args = array(
'user_pass'=>$plain_text_pass,
'user_login'=>$username,
'user_nicename'=>$url_friendly_name,
'user_email'=>$user_email,
'display_name'=>$display_name
);
$user_id = wp_insert_user($args);

You can check a full list of arguments that you can pass here:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_insert_user

Also, it's probably a good idea to check for username_exists before passing
a username in case that one is already taken. Then, you could, for example,
append a number at the end of the username.

On success the function above returns user_id.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Alex