[wp-hackers] sessions and wordpress

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Nov 15 17:34:53 UTC 2013

It's not really a question of WordPress specifically. PHP sessions have
rather poor support on various hosting systems, as I discovered the hard
way. There's also caching issues and so forth.

If you're making code for your own site, where you control the setup and
configuration, then that's one thing. But making code designed to be used
across lots of different sites and configurations and setups is a slightly
different story.

-Otto