[wp-hackers] A tool to check whether the core files were tampered?

Stephen Harris contact at stephenharris.info
Fri Nov 15 12:42:36 UTC 2013

I use "WordPress File Monitor Plus" (
http://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-file-monitor-plus/). This
provides an list of changed files (and optionally gives you email
alert), and it looks in the plug-in/theme directories too.

But it does a slightly different job than hashchecker - that is, it
detects changes in the local files rather than comparing local files to
the released ones. So perhaps it isn't quite what you're after.

Stephen Harris