[wp-hackers] php -v

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Nov 8 16:44:10 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Eric Mann <eric at eam.me> wrote:

> > FWIW, I did a random sampling of some 3.7.1 API requests, and that too
> showed
> > about 50% of users on 5.2.17
>
> Would be nice if we could update the stats page to make this kind of
> information publicly available. Would help us (developers) better target
> our code and would go miles in helping to tone down the attitude of this
> kind of conversation in the future.

I'm not getting involved in this conversation, other than to say this. ;)

The data used for the graphs on the stats page are built daily, using a
random(ish) sampling of the API requests from the previous day.

What you see on that page is current and up-to-date. It's not counting
every install in the world, or months-old installs, or inactive installs
that nobody is visiting. It's built from just the API requests from the day
before.

-Otto