[wp-hackers] php -v

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Thu Nov 7 23:39:10 UTC 2013

FWIW, I did a random sampling of some 3.7.1 API requests, and that too
showed about 50% of users on 5.2.17, which mostly agree's with
http://wordpress.org/about/stats/ (I was really hoping that PHP 5.2 was
more common amongst older versions of WordPress, but that was proved wrong)

A number of larger american hosts defaulted to PHP 5.2 a long time ago and
never forced users to update. A number of them are currently mass-migrating
users to PHP 5.3 so it'll be interesting to see how that changes the tide
in the coming months.