[wp-hackers] php -v

Marko Heijnen mailing at markoheijnen.nl
Thu Nov 7 21:41:42 UTC 2013

If core still can work on 5.2 then that is the requirement. It’s stupid to say that it’s 5.3 when it still can run fine on 5.2.
If you only want to have WordPress doing so because you as a plugin developer using 5.3+ functionality then the issue is on you.

If you think WordPress can gain a lot of PHP 5.3 then create a repo on GitHub and start working on those improvements and see if that works out.
Personally I would hate it when WordPress would use namespaces for example. It’s ugly to look at and make it a bit harder for the average WP developer.

In the end WordPress probably would do something like a legacy version because the upgraded will then not allow you to upgrade to the next version.
We can add features but at least we can do security fixes.

Marko

Op 7 nov. 2013, om 22:02 heeft Baki Goxhaj <banago at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven: