[wp-hackers] php -v

Justas Butkus jbutkus at time.ly
Thu Nov 7 17:10:47 UTC 2013

2013.11.07 19:04, J.D. Grimes rašė:
> I’ve often thought that the lead devs should just announce that support for 5.2 will be dropped by a certain date, and see what happens.
Optionally using big red box in admin notification area and suggesting
that next minimum supported version will be PHP 5.5.

Actually, with our plugin (All-in-One Event Calendar) we see a bit
different numbers (there might be some skew):
     - more than 55% are using WordPress 3.6.1 or earlier;
     - more than 20% are using PHP 5.2.x or earlier.
Sure it says little about WordPress in general, but that's mostly why I
am interested, whereas WordPress maintainers has some chance to see, if
there might be few major players in hosting using old versions.

--
Justas Butkus