[wp-hackers] Shared MultiSite Menus

Jesse Friedman highfive at jesserfriedman.com
Thu May 30 16:02:07 UTC 2013

I think Otto's go it.

Dobri, thanks for confirming. It is 4 different menus that I'm piecing
together

Jerry, the issue with that is it will be dependent on the existence of 12
menus and that gets complicated.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Dobri <dyordan1 at ramapo.edu> wrote:

> Otto's right, I forgot you could do site-wide options. That's probably the
> best place. Awkward, I know, but there's no harm in doing it.
>
> Here's another idea: if it's just a shared menu(not 4 separate ones that
> you  glue together) why not sync it up? Every time a menu is saved on one
> of the four sites, replicate the same menu on the other three. You'll only
> be doing this on menu save so it's not as heavy as doing it every page load.
>
> ~Dobri
>
> On Thu, 30 May 2013, at 11:43 AM, Otto wrote:
>
> > On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Dobri <dyordan1 at ramapo.edu> wrote:
> >> If it's this specialized, how about on menu save from any of the four
> sites you create a raw HTML flat file and dump it on the server? Then on
> render, just pull that file in. Doesn't really scale obviously but it works
> for a very specific case like yours, right?
> >
> > Instead of a flat file, use a site-option.
> >
> > http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/update_site_option
> > http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_site_option
> >
> > -Otto

thanks
*
*
*jesse friedman*
jes.se.com *
*
Book: Web Designers Guide to WordPress -
http://wdgwp.com/onamazon<http://wdgwp.com/onamazon>
Twitter: @professor <http://twitter.com/professor>
Facebook: Like<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jesse-Friedman/204793299545174>