[wp-hackers] Cannot stop comments from being posted

Patty Ayers patty at ayersvirtual.com
Thu May 9 14:02:06 UTC 2013

Thank you, McCormicky, Dwain, and Mike.

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Mike Little <wordpress at zed1.com> wrote:

> On 9 May 2013 14:02, mccormicky <mccormicky at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm sure you've tried this but ... settings > discussion > Automatically
> > close comments on articles older than 0 days?

Yes.

> This should really be on the support forums http://wordpress.org/support/

Ah, ok, that makes sense.Thank you for responding anyway. I'll do that
going forward.

> But, Patty, are you sure they are comments and not trackbacks/pingbacks?

I don't think any of this batch are trackbacks or pingbacks, but I'm not
certain how to distinguish them.

> They have to be turned off separately, and significantly, you cannot do
> that for pages in quick edit!

Where can I turn them off for pages?

> Mccormicky: you can disable comments on attachments: Go to the attachment's
> edit page under Media Library. Make sure the Discussion meta box is
> displayed (check the box under Screen options), then you can turn on/off
> comments and trackbacks.

None of this batch are on attachments, but I'm going to disable them as you
describe.

These are all on Pages. They do not appear to be pingbacks or trackbacks,
but how do I make sure that those are disabled on Pages? On Posts?

Best,
Patty