[wp-hackers] WordPress Maturity (was)Re: hate

Kevinjohn Gallagher kevinjohngallagher at hotmail.com
Thu May 2 12:42:27 UTC 2013

In terms of code, I totally hear what you're saying :)

But sometimes [people like me] point out things that are not code issues. Processes, testing, MVC, methodology, release schedules, communication, project management, training, digital security, best practices, CI, Vagrant, Sonar code coverage, etc etc.

I am often reminded of this reply to a comment by the truly wonderful Andrea_r:http://kevinjohngallagher.com/2012/01/listening-core-skill-learning/

WP is awesome, and obviously I love it.  It's growing, and changing, and while thats really really great - we need to be able to communicate some of those growing pains and the expectations of clients with real world examples without being met with "I can't hear you over your lack of patches in Trac".

I'm totally ok if my opinion on something doesn't resonate with the core team, or the community - [people like me are] not expecting [our] voice to be louder than others - but the idea that what we're saying has a diminished intrinsic value due to my lack of PHP skills is just daft.

Have a great weekend everyone.