[wp-hackers] Theme File Structure

Andrew Bartel andrew.bartel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 21:11:38 UTC 2013

Depends, is this going to be a publicly released theme?  If not, I often
abstract functionality that isn't directly content display related to one
off plugins for that project only.  I started doing that after reading this
article: http://wpcandy.com/teaches/how-to-create-a-functionality-plugin

For themes that going to be reused across projects I generally follow the
basics of the file structure you described.

-Andrew Bartel