[wp-hackers] Wordpress 3.5 Gallery Bug

Luke Bryan lukebryan at sharefaith.com
Wed Mar 27 18:24:35 UTC 2013

Greetings all,

I was recently noticing a bug in the wordpress 3.5 gallery shortcode
placeholder:

First start a new post, click add-media, select a couple, select create
gallery, insert gallery. Immediately after, click add-media, cancel
gallery, and select some others and insert another gallery.

Type right after the gallery, then type right after the other gallery,
scroll down so it's not visible, and type some more.

Type before the gallery, before the other gallery, and type some more.
Click just before the gallery, and the galleries should disappear.

Inspecting the gallery placeholder shows it's the 1x1pixel image, and the
style is not applied. (The 1x1 image seems to be a workaround for when
copying and pasting doesn't keep the style and other information).
However, the wp_theme/content.css is still in the tinymce-iframe's head.
The style should apply, but it doesn't in this case, in Chrome. I see other
rules from wp_theme/content.css are applied, but not the img.wpGallery rule.
I'm wondering if this bug is in Wordpress, TinyMCE, a TinyMCE plugin, or
Webkit? If so, has it been reported?

Best regards,
Luke