[wp-hackers] limit images displayed in the media upload window ?

Lee Rickler info at a5d.org
Thu Mar 21 00:29:57 UTC 2013

Guys,

I'm working on what;s going to be a fairly substantial project and am having issues when placing featured images.

Pages (so far) = around 300
Media library (so far) = 229 images (all around 1 or 2mbs each)

When I access a page to add a featured image only 129 images (from the media library) are displayed in the 'set featured image' window.
If I then upload a new image/ save, the image shows up fine on the page and in the media library.
If I then go to another page and add a featured image the image I just uploaded isn't available in the SFI window even though it's clearly in the media library.
Searching for the image from within the SFI window brings up a blank/ not found.

Turned off all plugins and tried with twentytwelve theme - still the same issue.
I've even tried regenerating all the thumbnails etc but to no avail.

So, my question is (as I've never had this issue before) is there a limit to images displayed in the media upload window when adding a featured image?

As an aside, In the media library there is pagination and/ or you can change the amount on view (screen options tab > media items) but there's nothing like this on the set featured image window. or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Lee