[wp-hackers] WordPress Should Delete WP Version information on head

Dobri dyordan1 at ramapo.edu
Tue Mar 19 16:52:48 UTC 2013

I think that exists for Search Engine Penetration and keeping track of market penetration as well. Simply put, it makes tracking % of people using WordPress and a specific version of WordPress and while it's true that's a bit of a security risk (for some setups more than for others), it also helps developers of both WP core and plugins/themes. In that respect, I think it should stay there and people should be individually responsible for hiding it if they *know* they have an old version that's susceptible to attacks and they have a good reason for keeping it. Cheers!

P.S. As already pointed out, it's really easy to remove if need be.