[wp-hackers] Shortcode image replacement in visual editor WP3.5

Tom Barrett tcbarrett at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 10:51:45 UTC 2013

I have some shortcodes where I'm replacing the shortcode text in the visual
editor with an image (like the [gallery] shortcode). There is no attachment
post associated, it is just to provide a nice UI.

I do this by creating a tinymce plugin; copying much from WP core (at the
time). The popup edit page is loaded (hidden) and then trigger by invoking
thickbox. It's a little fiddly. And was all written a while ago.

Is there a nice(r) way of doing this with 3.5, or is it very
attachment-image focussed?

Thanks

--
http://www.tcbarrett.com | http://gplus.to/tcbarrett |