[wp-hackers] Looking for testers/contributors for multilingual plugin

Nikola Nikolov nikolov.tmw at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 14:26:15 UTC 2013

Well the first and obvious difference - it's free, compared to WPML. As far
as I'm aware - WPML creates additional tables in the database - and
honestly I'm kind of really annoyed by such plugins(especially when you
end-up with double the number of tables just by one plugin). Of course just
the fact that it's free doesn't make it better. Actually I would probably
recommend WPML for a company, since their CMS version is very affordable,
especially if used in multiple projects. And it has one year of support and
upgrades - which is pretty cool.

Like I said - initially I started working on it as a replacement for
qTranslate - since it was buggy and slow and all of that. Initially I'll be
targeting mainly users of qTranslate - offering them a way to move on to a
better-working and better-supported plugin. That's why I've created a
migration tool which automatically moves the content from qTranslate to my
plugin.

Honestly - I haven't intensively used almost any other multilingual plugins
- I've tried a couple of them and I can't say they're bad at all.

Another aspect - by creating my own plugin I get:
    a) better understanding on how WordPress works
    b) experience in developing in PHP

So, you can also look on this as a self-improving project, besides
everything else.

Now - to answer your actual request - I will do my best to try out multiple
plugins in the next couple of weeks so that I can gather information and
make that comparison.

Thanks for your input,
Nikola Nikolov