[wp-hackers] Missing upload filter and api calls to api.wordpress.org

Gustav Olsen gno at one.com
Wed Jun 19 14:41:09 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I've been following the mailing list for a while, but this is my first
post. I've been searching far and wide, with no results yet, so I hope
that you will be able to help me out.

I've been looking for a hook to rewrite filenames (both paths and urls)
on uploaded files. I've been using wp_handle_upload_prefilter with
success, but it has no effect on uploads done with XMLRPC. I haven't
been able to find any way to do this yet.

Another thing I've struggled with is stopping the version checks
WordPress sends when a user logs in to admin. I'm using
DISALLOW_FILE_MODS as I do not wish any users start those updates
themselves, and thus I do not need to check for new versions. I feel
that WordPress should know not to do that, but it does not seem to care
that updating is disabled. Is there any other way to disable the calls
to api.wordpress.org, without placing: "127.0.0.1 api.wordpress.org" in
the /etc/hosts file on the server?

Have a nice day!

--
Best Regards