[wp-hackers] Semantics of plugin name

Shea Bunge info at bungeshea.com
Fri Jun 14 08:46:56 UTC 2013

The plugin name in your readme.txt file can be anything you like. You can change it as much as you want, but your plugin will still live on the same page at http://wordpress.org/plugins, will use the same SVN repo, and will reside in the same folder name on WordPress installations and continue to recieve auto-updates. This is because it's the plugin slug that matters ( http://wordpress.org/plugins/plugin-slug ), not whatever you name the display name set in readme.txt or as 'Plugin Name:' in your plugin PHP file.