[wp-hackers] Blog "last_updated": Last updated what?

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 21:56:43 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've got several sites running on a WPMS install, and I'm making use
of get_last_updated().

On the default blog index page, I'm listing all blogs using
get_last_updated(); it's a neat way to have a dynamic homepage with
the most recent blog at the top of the page.

http://codex.wordpress.org/WPMU_Functions/get_last_updated
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-includes/ms-blogs.php#L733

What exactly does "recently updated" mean?

Is that only when a blog post has been created/updated/deleted? Are
there other things that will update the last_updated value?

Thanks!