[wp-hackers] Managing a lot of content editors, roles and permissions

Dino Termini dino at duechiacchiere.it
Wed Jul 31 13:01:36 UTC 2013

Hello list,

I am working on a large scale website which has multiple sections
(roughly associated to departments in the organization), and each
section has its own group of contributors, editors, publishers and
administrators. We will be using WordPress MU to segment content editors
and assign appropriate roles and privileges to each of them. The site
has currently about 80 editors.

We've also looked at plugins that extend WP's roles and capabilities,
but we would prefer using as much off-the-shelf functionality as possible.

I was wondering if the list has any pointers to share about best
practices, do's and dont's, etc, on setting up a permission management
layer in WP for large scale websites.

Thank you,
Dino.