[wp-hackers] Advice on possible malware affecting multiple sites on same server

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Jul 26 21:38:51 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Patty Ayers <patty at ayersvirtual.com> wrote:
> Hm, really, ok. I can certainly do that. Might be a problem for my clients
> at times, but then again, nobody's using GIFs all that much anyway.
>
> So that would be caused by settings on the server, sounds like.

Yes and no... it's caused by the particular version of GD running on
the machine and the support it has for various images. GD is an older
image library.

WordPress 3.6 will support an alternate library called "ImageMagick",
if your server has that installed and enabled. However, you may not
have that and thus won't see any change if not.

-Otto