[wp-hackers] Removing edit theme files features

Simon Dunton - WP Sites simon at wpsites.co.uk
Thu Jan 17 20:09:44 UTC 2013

A revision is no good if the user enters invalid PHP syntax. It's white screen of death and into FTP/SSH you go to put things right.

Syntax checking is what you need. Like I said, I've added this to WPide using this parser https://github.com/nikic/PHP-Parser. Maybe a similar parser could be used in core.. probably better suited to a plugin though I reckon.