[wp-hackers] Removing edit theme files features

Andy Charrington-Wilden andycharrington at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 08:24:24 UTC 2013

> Most users don't know about text editors, or FTP

So what do they so when they cause a 500 by messing with the themes function file?

Not trying to be pedantic but I've had to fix many sites where the inexperienced user has caused a 500 from messing with the files in the editor.

I don't think it should be taken out but perhaps a layer of protection from that sort of thing could be introduced?

Sent from my iPhone