[wp-hackers] Isn't it a problem for WP that it is so strictly attached to a specific domain?

William P. Davis will.davis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 02:36:43 UTC 2013

I'm still not 100 percent sure of what the question is. I can say one thing, though: WP is very good at maintaining one URL for each page, which I definitely see as a feature rather than a bug. For a number of reasons, including SEO, it's generally discouraged to run parallel sites (where a.com/my-page == b.com/my-page)

Regarding storing full paths in the database: With decent architecturing you can get around those issues fairly easily. You shouldn't, for example, be storing full absolute paths of any file in the db.

Will
Sent from my BlackBerry