[wp-hackers] Child plugins (add-ons)

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Sat Feb 16 17:17:29 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Kevinjohn Gallagher
<kevinjohngallagher at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Child plugins are absolutely the way forward.

I tried this idea, once upon a time. Everybody hated it. Users found
it confusing and difficult to manage. Many complained about having
many plugins instead of just one. Things like that. It's a good idea,
and I personally like it, but hey, I'm a techie and so are you.
Non-technical users hate it. Switching to an all-in-one approach with
checkboxes to turn parts on and off basically ended those support
messages.

-Otto