[wp-hackers] multiple calls to get_post_meta back to back as opposed to one call

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Thu Feb 7 22:12:28 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Haluk Karamete <halukkaramete at gmail.com>wrote:

> I assume that this caching is handled regardless of the
> **define('ENABLE_CACHE',true);**.

That constant does not exist in core, and has not for about five years.

> What I'm curious though is how the caching is handled in this particular
> case?
> Where does WP store the cached results for a get_post_meta?

In-memory, non-persistent object cache. A persistent object cache is used
if present.

What's a good URL for learning more about this internal caching?

http://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Object_Cache#Role_of_the_WordPress_Object_Cache