[wp-hackers] Admin Color Schemes: generic classes for colors?

Dino Termini dino at duechiacchiere.it
Fri Dec 20 15:26:50 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

we are trying to adapt our plugin to the new admin color schemes, and it
would be great if we could have generic CSS class declarations that
allow us to apply the current scheme's background/text colors to our
elements. Something like

.admin-color-flat .sidebar-background-color{ background-color: #.... }
.admin-color-vineyard .sidebar-background-color{ background-color: #.... }

This would allow plugin developers to leverage those schemes without
having to reinvent the wheel every time, and would make their plugins
adapt to any third-party color scheme people may be using on their site.

Thank you,
Dino.