[wp-hackers] How Best to Import Users via command line script into sub sites on a Multisite Network

The Avanti Group chuck at avantigroup.com
Wed Dec 18 16:58:10 UTC 2013

Hi - Happy Holidays to all and here is hoping the WP-Hackers Santa
Spirits and Code Elves can help me with the following ...

my question = does anybody know how best to import users via command
line or via php script into sub sites on a Multisite Network ..??..
and/or know how best to go about extending a plugin that does import
users into sub sites like, Cimy User Manager -
http://wordpress.org/plugins/cimy-user-manager/ - e.g., with an api
or other code that runs the plugin at command line ..??..

as fyi, Cimy User Manager seems to do a great job of loading a list
of users via csv file into a sub site but this requires the GUI and a
number of admin clicks ... thus got to thinking if it was possible to
run a plugin at command line so initially i posted this thread ->
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/api-or-method-to-import-users-from-command-line

accordingly, any help or pointers that can be shared to add users via
command line scripts is greatly appreciated ... to be continued ...
cordially, chuck scott

Chuck Scott -> Information Architect
Specialty -> WordPress Multisite Information Design
Site -> http://ChuckingIt.com - Reflecting on Life,
Business, Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Technology