[wp-hackers] Creating / Inserting into Table named after WP Username

Gregory Lancaster greglancaster71 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 19:28:23 UTC 2013

OH I understand what you're asking.

I want to pass the User_ID to the new table upon registering because I am
coding this for a profile page of sorts.  So after registering, and
confirming registration they will load up say site.com/profile which will
dynamically pull their information from a separate table using their
user_id.  From that page they can enter different information that would be
saved in this separate database (for each user).

So the extra information they will be adding does not need to be added
right away, however to load the profile page with their display_name and
basic information I do need the information passed.  Now that you bring it
up however, I suppose I could have the profile page just check if the
current user_id exists, and if yes then show the basic profile page with
just their display_name etc.  But either way, once they enter information
into the on page form and submit it, the user-ID needs to be passed.

Which is where I came up with passing the current user ID, since they would
already be logged in and registered. Really most of the questions I asked
in this thread are variations of "how can I take the user_id and pass it to
a separate database upon registration (or upon form submit) so the
information in their specific table can be dumped back on their profile
page for viewing.

The information will (ideally) be outputted into a format where I could
format it with google charts or some type of visual display for them.

I hope that clarifies man, and again I am new to the loop so I apologize if
I am driving anyone insane here.  Any advice welcome :)