[wp-hackers] Turn on custom fields from plugin

Brian Hogg brian at brianhogg.ca
Wed Aug 7 11:59:15 UTC 2013

I think what Marko was hinting was to use a custom meta box instead, which would allow you to provide a nicer user experience vs. showing all custom meta fields from your plugin and others.  Documentation here:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_meta_box

Make sure to add a check if it's an autosave call:

http://techwithketan.wordpress.com/2011/04/14/auto-save-problem-for-custom-variables/

---
brianhogg.com
905.966.1778