[wp-hackers] MultiSite SSL over Nginx proxy

Tom Barrett tcbarrett at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 08:16:04 UTC 2013

Hi

I have a multisite installation, with domain mapping. I have purchased a
wildcard SSL for the network domain. I'm using Nginx, listening on 443 on a
front end router proxying to the webserver (over private IP) upstream (on
port 80).

What I need to do is have one subdomain (blog/site), without domain
mapping, to be served up over SSL (to briefly capture and pass on sensitive
data).

I have read this:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Administration_Over_SSL

I have played with these:
http://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-https/
http://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-https-test/
http://wordpress.org/plugins/ssl-insecure-content-fixer/
http://wordpress.org/plugins/ssl-subdomain-for-multisite/

I suffer from this:
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19337

But I don't seem to be able to hit the sweet spot (i.e. get it all to
work). I might be confusing myself (having only recently discovering the
proxy ssl issue).

Obviously I can't have the frontend over SSL (don't have certificates for
all the mapped domains, or IP addresses to go witht them). And other than
the admin bar links working (remaining logged in whilst switching from
secure site A to 'normal' site 'B'), that's all I need.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

--
http://www.tcbarrett.com | http://gplus.to/tcbarrett |