[wp-hackers] Managing a lot of content editors, roles and permissions

Mike Burns mike at grady-etc.com
Thu Aug 1 02:16:41 UTC 2013

I work at Boston University supporting several large WPMS installs.  We have quite a few large page hierarchies across our 800+ sites, many of which are maintained across organizational divisions.  We recently released a suite of workflow oriented plugins that address issues that surfaced in our environment.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/bu-navigation/
http://wordpress.org/plugins/bu-section-editing/
http://wordpress.org/plugins/bu-versions/

The section editing plugin sits on top of the built-in roles and capabilities system, enhancing it to support more granular permissions (restrict editing to specific pages / sections) which can be assigned to groups of content editors.  May be of use if you ever reconsider leveraging plug-ins.

Best,
Mike